Crosby S-421T Wedge Sockets
- Wedge socket terminations have an efficiency rating of 80% based on the catalog strength of XXI wire rope.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductilit , design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, these sockets meet other critical performance requirements including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26. • Type Approval certification in accordance with ABS RULES FOR CONDITIONS OF CLASSIFICAION, PART 1 2017 STEEL VESSELS AND ABS GUIDE FOR CERTIFICATION OF LIFTING APPLIANCES 2017 available. Certificates available when requested at time of order and may include additional charges
- Basket is cast steel and individually magnetic particle inspected.
- Pin diameter and jaw opening allows wedge and socket to be used in conjunction with closed swage and spelter sockets.
- Secures the tail or “dead end” of the wire rope to the wedge, thus eliminates loss or “Punch out” of the wedge.
- Eliminates the need for an extra piece of rope, and is easily installed.
- The TERMINATORTM wedge eliminates the potential breaking off of the tail due to fatigue.
- The tail, which is secured by the base of the clip and the wedge, is left undeformed.
- Incorporates Crosby’s patented QUIC-CHECK® “Go” and “No-Go” feature cast into the wedge. The proper size rope is determined when the following criteria are met: 1) The wire rope should pass thru the “Go” hole in the wedge. 2) The wire rope should NOT pass thru the “No-Go” hole in the wedge.
- Utilizes standard Crosby Red-U-Bolt® wire rope clip.
- The 3/8 through 1-1/8 standard S-421 wedge socket can be retrofitted with the new style TERMINATOR wedge.
- Available with Bolt, Nut, and Cotter Pin.
- U.S. patent 5,553,360, Canada patent 2,217,004 and foreign equivalents.
- Meets the performance requirements of EN 13411-6.
- Available with API-2C certification upon request
Warnings & Additional Information:
Refer to the Manufacturer Warnings and Instructions before attempting to use any product.
Product Warnings >>
The Crosby Group Warnings & Resources >>