The following additional features have been incorporated in the new Crosby L-320N Eye Hoist Hooks. (Sizes 3/4 metric ton Carbon through 22 metric ton Alloy.)
- Metric Rated at 5:1 Design Factor for (Carbon Steel); 5:1 Design Factor for 1t – 22t (Alloy Steel).
- Can be proof tested to 2 times the Working Load Limit.
- Low profile hook tip.
- New integrated latch (S-4320) meets the world-class standard for lifting.
- Heavy duty stamped latch interlocks with the hook tip.
- High cycle, long life spring.
- When secured with proper cotter pin through the hole in the tip of hook, meets the intent of OSHA Rule 1926.1431(g) and 1926.1501(g) for personnel hoisting.
- Hoist hooks incorporate markings forged into the product which address two (2) QUIC-CHECK® features.
- Deformation Indicators — Two strategically placed marks, one just below the shank or eye and the other on the hook tip, which allows for a QUIC-CHECK® measurement to determine if the throat opening has changed, thus indicating abuse or overload. To check, use a measuring device (i.e. tape measure) to measure the distance between the marks. The marks should align to either an inch or half-inch increment on the measuring device. If the measurement does not meet this criteria, the hook should be inspected further for possible damage.
- Angle Indicators — Indicates the maximum included angle which is allowed between two (2) sling legs in the hook. These indicators also provide the opportunity to approximate other included angles between two sling legs.