Crosby US-422T Utility Wedge Sockets
- Basket is cast steel and individually magnetic particle inspected.
- Wedge socket terminations have an efficiency rating of 80% based on the catalog strength of XXI wire rope.
- Wedges are color coded for easy identification
- Blue – largest wire line size for socket.
- Black – mid size wire line for socket.
- 7/16” on US4
- 9/16” on US5
- Orange – smallest wire line size for socket.
- Cast into each socket is the name “McKissick”, “Crosby” or “CG”, its model number and its wire line range.
- By simply changing out the wedge, each socket can be utilized for various wire line sizes (Ensure correct wedge is used for wire rope size).
- Cast into each wedge is the model number of the socket and the wire line size for which the wedge is to be used.
- Load pin is forged and headed on one end.
- Incorporates Crosby’s patented QUIC-CHECK® “Go” and “No-Go” feature cast into the wedge. The proper size rope is determined when the following criteria are met: 1) The wire rope should pass thru the “Go” hole in the wedge. 2) The wire rope should NOT pass thru the “No-Go” hole in the wedge.
- US-422T wedge sockets contain a hammer pad (lip) to assist in proper securement of termination.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductilit , design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, these sockets meet other critical performance requirements including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
- UWO-422T Wedges are to be used only with the US-422T Wedge Socket Assemblies.
Warnings & Additional Information:
Refer to the Manufacturer Warnings and Instructions before attempting to use any product.
Product Warnings >>
The Crosby Group Warnings & Resources >>