Crosby S-423T Super Terminator
- The 423T wedge socket terminations have a minimum efficiency rating on most high performance, high strength, compacted strand, rotation resistant wire ropes of 80% based on the catalog breaking strength of the various ropes.**
- Design eliminates the difficulty of properly seating the wedge with high performance wire rope into a wedge socket termination.
- Proper application of the Super TERMINATOR eliminates the “first load” requirement of conventional wedge socket terminations.
- S-423TW Wedge Kit can be retrofitted onto existing Crosby S-421 TERMINATOR wedge sockets.
- Wedge and accessories provided with a zinc finish
- Meets the performance requirements of EN13411-6.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, these sockets meet other critical performance requirements including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
- US Patent 6,898,827.
- Basket is cast steel and individually magnetic particle inspected.
- Pin diameter and jaw opening allows wedge and socket to be used in conjunction with closed swage and spelter sockets.
- Secures the tail or “dead end” of the wire rope to the wedge, thus eliminates loss or “punch out” of the wedge.
- Eliminates the need for an extra piece of rope, and is easily installed.
- The TERMINATOR® wedge eliminates the potential breaking off of the tail due to fatigue.
- The tail, which is secured by the base of the clip and the tension device, is left undeformed.
- Available with Bolt, Nut, and Cotter Pin.
** Due to the unique construction of various ropes, Crosby cannot make a broad general statement that all current and future design of ropes when properly assembled with Super TERMINATOR, will achieve a minimum 80% terminator efficiency. Contact wire rope manufacturer or Crosby engineering (918-834-4611) to determine the efficiency rating for a specific rope.